The events of the last weeks have resulted in an increased need to work remotely. Can such a model, the so-called home office, be effective?
Is it possible to build a virtual office that will ensure interoperability of employees, allow for group discussions, video conferencing and exchange of documents in real time?
There are many tools on the market that enable efficient remote work. In 3S we work on the basis of MS Teams tools – a business communicator, integrated with Office 365.
Our own experience and competences, confirmed by Microsoft certificates, allow us to advise other organizations how to implement this solution and move to a completely different work model – Home Office.
We would like to remind you that until the end of January you can take advantage of the 6-month MS Teams test period. Details on the Microsoft website – > and directly from our engineers.
MS Teams allows through an interactive and intuitive interface for, among others:
- conducting individual conversations and group chats or video conferences,
- bringing together a group of people in so-called teams, within which they voluntarily share content and tools to facilitate mutual cooperation, projects and communication,
- transmitting high quality voice and image, either in a group or by pointing at a selected participant,
- image, presentation and desktop sharing
- exchange of documents, both in a chat and in team tasks,
- planning meetings and keeping a calendar,
- simultaneous online work on documents included in Office 365 – that is document sharing.
Document sharing allows one to work on a shared document at the same time or over a longer period of time. The possibility of simultaneous editing and working in real time on the document is very important here. Each person involved in the project receives a document in the form of a file placed on one of the Office 365 tools, namely One Drive. The document can be changed in real time and previewed, e.g. while holding a video conference.
Persons working on the documents can be given different privileges, e.g. some employees will be able to edit the documents and others will only receive them for viewing.
The documents can also be shared with people from outside the organization and supervised in terms of what happens to them in the long run. We have the ability to secure the transferred files and set appropriate policies, in accordance with procedures in our organization. We can, for example, block shared files so that it is not possible to print them and share them further. It is also possible to set up notifications when someone tries to use such a file in a manner inconsistent with the established policy.
You can read more about MS Teams here -> Office 365 Cloud2b component
If you have any questions or are interested in this solution, we encourage you to contact us.
Contact 3S Group engineers directly >>